Tuesday, July 20, 2010

The things I do for the blog..

Well I don't know about you, but I had quite the day! Jonha and I decided to go thrift store shopping and we got some good finds. I bought a Wok!! I was skeptical at first but its got all the accessories and it looks like it's in really good shape--the kicker-only TEN bucks! Woot! There has been a wok in my life, my dad's a master at it-and finally I can give it a shot myself! I'm very excited if you can't tell.
Here's my fantastic find! And all it's little accessories which if I'm going to be honest I had to do a little googling to figure out what everything is! I seasoned it tonight with oil and cant wait to use it! I'm thinking a beef stir fry and I cant wait to see how it turns out!

So for tonight I didn't make stir fry, Jonha and I had quite a big lunch at a Chinese restaurant downtown so just made something little for dinner--so I made Zucchini Sticks! The healthier version of Mozzarella sticks and it was great! But while deciding I was going to make these I realize (Gasp) I used the last two eggs on the cookies last night. No regrets though, my boyfriend seems to think they're the best cookies on earth. So it was do or die, I had to go out AGAIN to pick up some eggs or leave the Zucs till tomorrow. So I put Friends on pause and walked down the street to pick up eggs.

A dozen eggs =1.19 plus tax
A walk down the street=a slight blister and some stares from creepy people
Standing in line at Rite Aide=10 minutes longer than it shoulda taken
Making Zuc sticks for my blog=PRICELESS :)

Couldnt resist...but just showing you what I went through for you guys...all five of my faithful readers! So if you get the chance make these! I left them in a little longer than the recipe but they were great! I used my favorite spicy basil sauce to dip=amazing! So summer is the perfect time for zucchini and if you don't know what to do with them like I sometimes dont--make these!






























Baked Zucchini Sticks:
From For the Love of Cooking!
  • 2 large zucchini
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs
  • 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese
  • Dash of garlic powder
  • Dash of dried basil
  • Sea salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
  • Cooking spray
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with tinfoil or wax paper - spray with cooking spray. Cut the zucchini into half lengthwise then into thick spears. Combine the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese and seasonings then mix thoroughly. Dip the spears into egg then bread crumbs and Parmesan mixture, making sure to coat evenly. Place on baking sheet and spray the top of each spear with cooking spray. Bake for 10-12 minutes then turn the oven to broil and cook, watching carefully, until they become golden brown 45-60 seconds. Serve with marinara sauce or your favorite salad dressing. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment