Monday, July 19, 2010

Snickerdoodles!

So I was trying to figure out something to make today, was fairly lazy with food today and didnt feel like going to Wegmans for what feels like the 6th time in a weekend. So I was trying to figure out what I could make from what I had in my poor excuse for a kitchen. Ah ha! Snickerdoodle cookies! After a quick google of "Substitutions for Cream of Tarter" I was on my Snickerdoodle way! (What would we do without google by the way?!) So I found this recipe online and decided to try it, figured I couldn't mess up snickerdoodles that much! And I was right, they were delish. I left them in a little longer than the directions because they seemed a little doughy still, and they ended up being the perfect firmness and the directions say to mix the Cinnamon and sugar and roll the dough ball in it, it was perfect! Added the perfect extra cinnamon sugar touch to an already great cookie. If you're bored and have the ingredients (you can always sub cream of tarter like I did) I highly suggest this easy, yummy recipe. I've already had two and I had to wrap them in plastic wrap so I dont eat anymore. Ya like that will help :) Enjoy!

Snickerdoodle Cookies (from BettyCrocker.com)

(Says makes about 4 dozen but i followed the recipe and it made only 2)
1 1/2cups sugar
1/2cup butter or margarine, softened
1/2cup shortening
2eggs
2 3/4cups Gold Medal® all-purpose or unbleached flour
2teaspoons cream of tartar
1teaspoon baking soda
1/4teaspoon salt
1/4cup sugar
2teaspoons ground cinnamon







Print these coupons...
















About Concordance™





1.Heat oven to 400ºF.
2.Mix 1 1/2 cups sugar, the butter, shortening and eggs in large bowl. Stir in flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt.
3.Shape dough into 1 1/4-inch balls. Mix 1/4 cup sugar and the cinnamon. Roll balls in cinnamon-sugar mixture. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
4.Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until set. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment