Friday, July 16, 2010

Ahh Summertime!




Well today was one of those lazy days which is lovely, considering it's only Friday! Got to sleep in, which with my kittens running around a studio apartment, is not an easy feat. So I had a slow afternoon where I picked up around the apartment, cleaned a little, watched way too many episodes of Grey's Anatomy- which makes me very excited for Fall tv to come back. (Shame on me for wasting summer away holding my breath for television)

So I wasnt feeling terribly hungry for dinner so I wanted to make something small but not the same ol pasta dish or [gasp!] head out for take out somewhere so while perusing various blogs I stumbled upon a Brushetta recipe. Perfecto! So after a quick trip to the store for a baguette (and for ingredients for tomorrow's dinner: Greek Pizza YAY!) I made the brushetta and had a lovely corona and lime...who says Italian and Mexican don't mix?!

Well I'm a huge brushetta fan mainly because
1. I love tomatoes
2. I love balsamic vinegar
3. I love fresh Basil (see earlier post and now you'll understand my obsession)

Soooo combine those things and bam! you almost have brushetta! This particular recipe was very easy and didn't take much time or effort which was great on a lazy night like tonight. I even got my DSL camera out to take a proper photo (or three!) So whip up some fresh brushetta and have a corona! What could be more summery! Cheers!

P.s I cut the recipe down and really didnt measure much so feel free to experiment. Since I was just making a lil dinner for me I only used 1 tomato and about 3 basil leaves!


Brushetta with Tomato and Basil:


  • 5-6 firm tomatoes, diced very small
  • 5-6 basil leaves, cut into very small ribbons
  • 1 small shallot, finely diced
  • Drizzle of olive oil, to taste
  • Drizzle of balsamic vinegar, to taste
  • Sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
  • 1 clove of garlic
  • 1 baguette, sliced into thin slices

No comments:

Post a Comment