Tuesday, July 13, 2010

First Post!


First let it be said I am not a profession chef, writer or even a great blogger. I'm a photographer. Was a photography student and now have currently entered the limbo that is the "Real world". (I wish the real world were as much fun as the mtv version) So currently I'm doing a photography job that will lead to my first major publishing in a book which is incredible.....the downside: I am stuck with a ton of time on my hands. When I asked my friends what I should do to occupy my time the various answers were: relaxing (something I'm not good at), blogging, knitting, and dancing. All great ideas. Then my friend told me I should do a blog Julie/Julia style. And while I will not be working my way through any major cookbooks I plan on trying tons of recipes I find and share some experiences along the way. Like I said I'm not a culinary expert so don't expect anything fancy at first. Tomorrow I will head to Wegmans (which should be known is the greatest grocery store known to man) to grab ingredients for my first experiment tomorrow! I was debating between a few recipes but the winner is: Spicy Thai Peanut Chicken with Coconut Cilantro Rice! Yum yum yum. Make sure to come back to check it out!

p.s the picture attached is the image I found with the Thai recipe..we'll see if mine comes out looking that purrddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment